Contact: Neville Waters (202) 645-6020
The DC Taxicab Commission advises all local public vehicles-for-hire that the rules governing service will be strictly enforced for the Washington Nationals home opener and throughout the 2014 Major League Baseball Season. Hack Inspectors, Metropolitan Police Officers and directional signage will be in place to facilitate the increased volume in traffic and maintain safety.
The rules regarding drop-offs and pick-ups for public vehicles-for-hire for the Washington Nationals home games are unchanged from prior years.
1. Drop-offs are allowed on both sides of Van Street SE on the south side of M Street SE; no taxicabs are allowed to stop on South Capitol Street.
2. Pick-ups are restricted to designated taxi stands manned by starters. The line will form on the north side of the unit block of M Street, SE extending east; no taxicabs are allowed to pick-up passengers on the south side of M Street, SE, Half Street, SE or Potomac Avenue, SE.
3. Sedans and limousines will drop-off at the Stadium Entrance on Potomac Avenue, SE between Half Street, SE and South Capitol Street. Sedans and limousines will be required to wait either west of South Capitol Street or north of M Street, SE in legally designated parking areas; no cruising will be allowed.
4. DDOT advises the following routes are taken when departing from Potomac Avenue, SW and the area surrounding the stadium area. Vehicles west of South Capitol Street should proceed north on 2nd Street, SW or east on Potomac Avenue, SW. Vehicles north of M Street should proceed West on M Street SE/SW; south on 4th Street, SW; east on P Street, SW; south on Canal Street, SW; or east on Potomac Avenue, SW to avoid residential areas.
5. There may be no more than $1.00 per vehicle charged for additional passengers no matter how many additional passengers.