District of Columbia taxi rates effective January 2018
- First 1/8 mile: $3.50 (includes Passenger Surcharge of $0.25)
- Each additional mile: $2.16
- Shared Ride Rate: $1.20 per mile (see AI 2018-05)
- Wait Rate: $25.00 per hour
- Wait time begins five (5) minutes after time of arrival at dispatch location.
- No wait time charged for premature response to a dispatch.
- Wait time charged while taxicab is stopped or slowed to less than ten (10) miles per hour for longer than sixty (60) seconds.
- Wait time charged for delays or stopovers at the direction of the passenger.
Hourly Contract Rate:
- $35.00 for the first one (1) hour or fraction thereof.
- $8.75 for each additional fifteen (15) minutes or fraction thereof.
- Telephone Dispatch, two dollars $2.00
- Additional passenger, one dollar $1.00
(regardless of the number of additional passengers)
- Declared Snow Emergency Fee, fifteen dollars $15.00
- Group or Shared Riding: as each passenger arrives at his or her destination fare due shall be paid by passenger(s) leaving the cab.
- Airport Surcharge or toll paid: if any, amount charged shall be the same amount that was paid.
- Delivery Service (messenger service and parcel pick-up and delivery): same rate as single passenger unless vehicle hired by the hour
Go to Digital Dispatch Services and download any app providing digital dispatch service for a District taxicab to get an estimate for the cost of your ride. Enter your pick up and destination location to see the amount the ride is estimated to cost.