Welcome to the Department of For-Hire Vehicles dashboard and statistical data sets page. This beta version consists of 12 reports. The first page shows thumbnails of the charts included in the dashboard. The reports with specific topics begin on page 2; and include information about the District's vehicle-for-hire industry, including the number of vehicles in service, revenue generated, trip concentration, and research reports. DFHV continues its growing investment in good governance and public transparency with data sets, research reports, and taxicab trip ratings available for review below. Access to information enables the public to engage in more robust debates about DFHV regulations and programs; better inform the public about the industry and agency policies; encourage innovators to design new programs; and help improve safety.
Department of For-Hire Vehicles External Dashboard
View the dashboard below.
- Report 1: Thumbnails of Report 2 to Report 12
- Report 2: Vehicles by Type: Private Sedans, Licensed Taxicabs, and Licensed Luxury Class Vehicles
- Report 3: Taxicab Fares Collected
- Report 4: Licensed Taxicab and Luxury Class Drivers
- Report 5: Licensed Taxicab and Luxury Class Vehicles
- Report 6: Lost and Found
- Report 7: Customer Complaints Against For-Hire Operators and Companies Filed with the Department of For-Hire Vehicles
- Report 8: Tickets Against For-Hire Operators Issued by the Department of For-Hire Vehicles
- Report 9: Trips by Type
- Report 10: Interactive Map: Trips by Ward and Time-of-Day
- Report 11: Surcharge Generated for the District (includes $0.25 taxicab surcharge per trip generated by taxicabs and 1% of the gross revenue generated by Digital Dispatch Services for private sedans and black cars)
- Report 12: Transport DC
- Data Sets
- General Feedback
Sample Data Sets
The sample data set included here provides actual trip records for one day and can be used for analysis. The data fields include the following: 1) Trip Start and End Times; 2) Trip Origination and Destination Coordinates; and 3) Fare Information
Data sets are published on the District Government Open Data Portal
- Survey of TNC Fees (May 2018)
- Taxicab Trip Ratings (PDF)
- Neighborhood Van Service Assessment (PDF)
- Review-Neighborhood Ride Service (NRS) by Taxicab-Pilot Program (June 2017) (PDF)
Submit your questions or suggestions of this dashboard and/or data sets.
Disclaimer: The data provided herein is derived from electronic sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed. While DFHV strives to provide data that is accurate and current, all data provided is for informational purposes only. The District of Columbia disclaims all liability for errors, omissions, completeness, accuracy and currentness of the data provided herein. Use of data provided herein constitutes acceptance of these terms.