Effective January 13, 2020, the Taxicab and/or Sedan/Limousine Operator’s License examination will be Monday through Friday from 9:30 am until 2:00 pm. No appointment is necessary. Individuals who want to obtain a Taxicab and/or Sedan/Limousine Operator’s License should report to DFHV, 2235 Shannon Place, SE, Suite 2001, Washington, DC. Visitors to the building must show identification and pass through the metal detector. The Application for a New Public Vehicle Operator’s License must be completed prior to taking the exam and you must also bring the necessary documents listed on the application and below. Failure to bring the required documents will result in you not being allowed to take the exam. You will be provided with the results of your examination upon completion of the exam.
Please note: Fingerprints do not need to be obtained until after successful completion of the examination.
Interested persons should report to the DFHV with the following:
- Application for New Public Vehicle Operator’s License (fully completed)
- Money order payable to DC Treasurer or credit/debit card to pay the exam fee ($100) and fingerprint fee ($49.50) for a total of $149.50. Once the applicant passes the exam and the background check is completed the following applicable licensing fees shall be paid: taxi $125; limousine $150; taxi/limousine $275. Please note cash will not be accepted.
- A valid driver’s license (must have lived in the DC metropolitan area for at least one year)
- A valid Social Security card (original card, no copies or paperwork)
- Immigration documentation, if applicable (must have proof of residency & authorization to work)
- Two (2) full-faced color passport photographs with white background
The application for a new Face ID and the Face ID renewal application can be found below.
Taxi Hacker: $125 (1 year)
Taxi Hacker: $250 (2 years)
Limo Driver Face: $150 (1 year)
Limo Driver Face: $300 (2 years)
Taxi/Limo: $275 (1 year)
Taxi/Limo: $550 (2 years)
Not for Hire License: $100
For more information visit Driver Training