The Department of For-Hire Vehicles is facilitating the donation of any retired DC taxicabs to qualiified nonprofit organizations serving District residents.
Donation Recipient Rules
To be listed as a certified recipient the organization must agree to:
- Notify the agency of any donation including the following information
- Year, Make, Model, Original Owner/company,
- 6 months after receiving the vehicle(s) the organization must supply a testimony explaining:
- Current/future use of car, impact on organization, impact on community served
- By being added to the DFHV website the non-profit organization agrees to the above terms with understanding that refusal will result in removal from site and probation of one FY from program
Donation Recipient Qualifications
- Interested nonprofits are encouraged to register to be included in the program. Complete the application below and include confirmation of IRS 501(c) (3) status, along with a brief narrative explaining the mission of the organization.
- Must provide contact person full information to participate
Nonprofit organizations registered with DFHV are posted below for the consideration of vehicle owners. Please note this is a dynamic listing that will be updated on a regular basis.
Please return completed application to [email protected]