BEFORE Coming to DFHV Client Services:
Check if your vehicles require a waiver:
- Vehicles must have active registration and:
- are 10 years or older (but under 12 years) (model years 2011 and 2012)
- or have over 300,000 miles (but less than 350,000 miles)
If your vehicle meets the requirements above, you can apply for a waiver by following the steps below:
- Secure a 150 point vehicle ASE Certified Inspection Certificate
- Fill out the online form to schedule an appointment with DFHV at: dfhv-site.secure.force.com/vehiclesforinspection If you are unable to complete the online form you may visit DFHV Client Services in-person to complete the form.
Inspection Appointments are available: Mondays and Tuesdays 9-12 pm and 1-2 pm only (once you have scheduled your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation)
- You will need to bring your proof of insurance, registration, inspection certificate, and all documentation needed for One Stop
Reminder: Due to the construction, there is limited parking available. Please follow instructions in your email confirmation when you schedule your appointment.
For your appointment at DFHV Client Services
- Arrive on time for your appointment and park close to the DFHV building as much as possible. Walk to the front door to meet the Inspector for the inspection. The Inspector will give instructions on where to go for the inspection.
- After inspection is completed, go to the DFHV Client Services to complete the waiver application.
- Expect to pay a $50 processing fee by credit card or debit card only.
Department of Motor Vehicles
- Go to DMV to complete One Stop process
- Ensure you bring your approved DFHV One Stop with you to DMV to complete the process
Got questions? Contact DFHV Client Services at (202) 645-7300 or [email protected]