Taxi-to-Rail (T2R), launched as a short-term pilot program to provide rides to specific Metro stations, grocery stores, and public facilities for Ward 7 and 8 residents, is undergoing some operational changes. Please see the following:
- Reduced subsidy -The $20 ride subsidy will be reduced to $15, effective 11:59 pm Sunday, August 23, 2020.
- End of all service - T2R will discontinue all service, effective 11:59 pm Wednesday, September 30, 2020 (the end of Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20).
Now that the District is in phase 2 of its reopening plans, more transportation options are becoming available to residents. In addition, T2R has a budget shortage due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency. T2R will continue to have no limits on the number of T2R trips per month and provide service citywide. Wheelchair accessible vehicles are also available.
To request a ride call (202) 727-3827.
Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri, 5:30am - 8:00pm; Sat, 7:00am - 8:00pm; Sun, 8:00am - 8:00pm
Beginning October 1, 2020, T2R riders should use other transportation options:
- Transport DC (must be MetroAccess-eligible)
- Senior MedExpress (for eligible seniors going to medical appointments)
- Non-Emergency Medical Transport (NEMT)
- Traditional taxicabs
- Transportation Network Companies such as Uber, Lyft and Via
We thank all T2R riders for their support of this pilot program. Stay tuned as DFHV considers other ride services and programs.
View all agency service updates at coronavirus.dc.gov/phasetwo