Renewing Certificate of Operating Authority Application Instructions and Notices:
- The Operating Authority Business License Renewal Application Form (DCTC 009) must be typed notarized and returned to the Department of For-Hire Vehicles before 3:30 pm on December 15, 2016.
- To be considered complete, the Application must include all items requested. Incomplete Applications will not be processed. Acceptance of your fee payment and issuance of a receipt for that payment by the Department of For-Hire Vehicles does not constitute approval of your Application.
- If your Application is submitted on time and approved, you will receive either an Operating Authority Certificate or a letter indicating when your certificate will be ready. Normal processing time for your application is fifteen (15) business days.
- Please note that there have been numerous amendments to the bound July 2004 volume of Title 31 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR), which applies to the operation of your business. An electronic copy of the DCMR Title 31 can be found online at http://www.dcregs.dc.gov/ . For a hard copy contact Office of Documents and Administrative Issuances 441 4th Street, NW, Suite 520S, Washington, DC 20001 Phone: (202) 727-5090 Fax: (202) 727-6042.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit the completed application and attachments on a flash drive or CD.
- Should you have any questions, contact your Account Manager at (202) 645-7300
Renewing Certificate of Operating Authority Application Checklist:
1. Completed Renewal Application Form (DFHV Form 009)
2. Attachment B-1: Copy of your current Occupancy Permit.
3. Attachment B-2: Copy of DC Tax Letter/Coupon/Voucher.
4. Attachment B-3: Copy of Federal Tax Return Transcript/Coupon/Voucher.
5. Attachment C-1: Current Certificate of Good Standing from the DC Department of Consumer andRegulatory Affairs (DCRA) for each domestic and foreign corporation with vehicles in your fleet.
6. Attachment C-2: A copy of the Articles and Certificate of Incorporation and By-laws; For Partnerships: An executed copy of the Partnership Agreement; For Associations: Current By-laws and other Rules and Regulations relating to the organization and operation of the association; For unincorporated entityprovide proof of Unincorporated Business status. If there hasn’t been any change from the prior year’s filing then attachment C-2 is optional.
7. Attachment C-3: Copy of Prior Year’s Filed Federal and Local Income Tax Returns.
8. Attachment E-1: Itemized schedule of all customer fees.
9. Attachment E-2: Current color scheme pictures if there has been any change from prior year’s filing.
10. Attachment E-3: Vehicle List Report if there has been any change from the last report filed electronically.
11. Attachment E-4 : For non-taxicabs, a list of all licensed drivers (employees, lessees, or contractors)
12. Attachment E-5 Bureau of Traffic Adjudication Report.
13. CleanHands Certification and DC Business Tax Registration.
14. Certificate-of-Identity information on a form provided by the Office indicating the trade name of the applicant, the persons authorized to sign for the applicant, and other identifying information required by the Office.
15. An identification of the types of taxicab services to be provided, including dispatch service, wheelchair- accessible service, and other specially-equipped taxicabservice.
16. Identification of the number of hybrid taxicabs, wheelchair-accessible taxicabs, and other specially- equipped taxicab vehicles.
17. Verification that the applicant has applied for and is pre-approved for insurance that complies with District of Columbia insurance requirements and the requirements of chapter 9 of this title.
18. Name and any design, insignia, logo, term, symbol, lettering, or other exterior object, pursuant to § 503 of this chapter; and
19. The specially-equipped taxicab vehicle information, where applicable, required to be submitted by § 604of this title.
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4 pm